Why buy from someone who doesn’t hunt or even use this product? We are you, hunters and outdoorsmen, not salesmen on a commission. We have tried them all in the field, call us to learn real-world thoughts on the different options. This is a great tool for finding anything hotter than the outside temperature. I would say this is an alert tool most outdoorsmen or cattle ranchers can’t or shouldn’t live without. It mounts magnetically and will pan continuously left to right and up or down. Installation takes 5 minutes and no cell service is required to operate the system. It has proven to be invaluable for:
- Seeing what is in the field before you pull in and ruin your hunt.
- Driving slowly in a field to get to your stand with zero lights on.
- Varmint or predator use
- Surveying new properties or getting counts.
- Finding lost animals or people
- Road safety, allows you to see what your headlights dont.
- Video of scout at 65mph
The advertised detect range is about 440 yards. I was identifying at about 120 and then pulling out my boom stick to identify at further distances than the Scout had alerted me to. I was using this in 90-degree weather with 94% humidity (not ideal at all) and found it to be extremely useful to alert me of the presence of an animal. I have a handheld from a well-known brand and by far prefer this.
Windows up, AC on, in the comfort of a climate-controlled cab. I had it wirelessly connected to an iPad and had an iPad mount for my truck and UTV. I also was able to share the IP with buddies so they could watch on their devices. The wireless remote and camera have worked without a flaw.
S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
– Dimensions: 7 1/4″x6 3/8″x 6 3/4″
– Weight: 5.5 lbs
– Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to +140°F
– Sealed Design: IP69
– Sensor Type: 384 x 288 Uncooled Micro-bolometer – 13mm lens
– Field of View: 28° (H)
– FPS: 25hz
– Power Consumption: 3W
– Power Requirements: 12-16 VDC
Warranty is 36 months
A P P L I C A T I O N S
Animal/pedestrian detection, hunting, search + rescue, firefighting, law enforcement, security, transport and construction, outdoor recreation, etc.